Herbal Menstrual Pads: Yay or Nay
April 24, 2019
Herbal pads are slowly making a name for itself because more women are becoming more health conscious but does it work? Well I can attest that I’ve had a few trial and errors because most of the herbal pads that I have tried are very thin even the ones labeled “super”.
Pro to using herbal pads
- No foul chemical odor from the pad once it’s time to change it unlike the commercial brand pads.
- Healthier for the vagina (less chemicals)
- Doesn’t affect the PH levels.
Cons to using herbal pads
- Not heavy enough for heavy bleeders, has to be changed every 20-30 minutes depending on the flow.
- More expensive and only in select stores (harder to access).
- Some of the herbal scented pads can be sensitive and uncomfortable to the vagina for the first time.
Herbal Pads are a healthier alternative but if I had to choose it would probably be the commercial brand pads because it’s easier to find and most of their super labeled pads are more suitable for heavy bleeders. It’s a nay for now.